Sunday, November 23, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Week 4


Finally! The last week of my 28 day, 4 week long challenge! I'm so sorry I'm posting this thing 5 days late. It has been a crazy busy week this week and I just haven't had a second to sit down and type out a post for you guys. Because of the short week next week, work has been really hectic, on top of that Rubes has been teething and not sleeping well, and we also have visitors coming next week, so we are trying to get our house in ship-shape. Bah!

This week was okay, I had one really terrible day and made some seriously poor decisions regarding my eating. I was so overwhelmed that I just decided that I didn't need to make healthy choices, and although it felt good in the moment, it made me feel pretty badly afterward. I'm trying hard to not dwell on the bad days, but instead look at the week as a whole. Overall it was a good week, even if that day wasn't my best.  

The hardest part of the challenge for me this time was getting out and exercising as much as I should have. I really wish that I would have made some more time for me to get out and go running, or to do a workout at home. And while my eating was not perfect, it overall was good, and I felt better after eating mostly clean for these four weeks. I didn't have as much energy as last time, but I think that is less about the eating, but more about the fact that my girls are trying to kill me by not sleeping through the night anymore. 

I do want to reiterate that I'm just a normal, regular mom and wife that is trying to make the healthiest choices possible. I'm not a nutritionist, or trainer (clearly!) but I am a woman that is looking to make some improvements in her lifestyle and eating habits. If you expected to see perfection in my eating and exercising, you came to the wrong place. My overall goal of the challenge was to eat as cleanly as possible, and make the healthiest choices I could. While I made some not great choices along the way, I was far and away more healthy than I would have been if I hadn't been challenging myself. 

Below is my food for the last and final week. I also have some of the final results for the challenge too, which I will put at the bottom of this post.


Day 22: 
Breakfast: Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie
Lunch: Salad with onion, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, cucumber and balsamic dressing
Dinner: (Not pictured) I made a tofu curry for us and my parents. They came over to watch the girls so that I Ace and I could go on our first date night in months. It was really nice. We went to trivia night withs some friends and I had a glass of wine (pictured) and some bread pudding! Whoops!
Water Intake: 88 oz


Day 23: 
Breakfast: 2 Eggs and 1 Egg white, leftover Quinoa enchilada bake (and a few dribbles of hot sauce)
Lunch: Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie
Dinner: Meatloaf, roasted carrots and onions, and garlic mashed potatoes
Water Intake: 113.8 oz


Day 24: 
Breakfast: Whole wheat pancakes and real maple syrup
Lunch: Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie
Snack: (not pictured) We went to an event for the American Heart Association, because we had helped to raise some money at their annual Heart Walk, in support of Rubes. I had some cheese, hummus, carrots, cucumbers and olives. Yum!
Dinner: The event ran later than we would have liked, so we grabbed In-N-Out on the way home. I got a protein-style burger with no sauce, and I didn't have any fries. I'll take that as a win.
Water Intake: 113.8 oz


Day 25: 
Breakfast: Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie (what can I say? I love them!)
Lunch: Leftover coconut curry and brown rice
Dinner: Crispy Dijon Chicken, Roasted Asparagus and sliced tomatoes
Water Intake: 121.8 oz


Day 26: 
*This was my worst day, I think, during the whole challenge*
Breakfast: Coffee with cream and sugar
Lunch: Sees candy and a caramel macchiato
Dinner: Chicken stir-fry, green beans and quinoa
Water Intake: 36 oz
*Whomp Whomp*



Day 27: 
Breakfast: Chocolate protein smoothie, coffee with milk
Lunch: Salad with cucumbers, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar/oil for dressing, turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and mustard
Dinner: Black bean and fajita veggie quesadilla on whole wheat tortillas
Water Intake: 104.9 oz


Day 28: 
Breakfast: (not pictured) Fruit protein smoothie
Lunch: Hummus, quinoa chips, cucumbers and tomatoes
Dinner: (not pictured) I went to dinner at my parents' house and forgot to take my phone with me to snap a pic. We had sausage and Enchilada Quinoa bake (I taught my mom how to make it)
Water Intake: 112.9 oz

Here is my whole 28 days all laid out for you to see:


Overall I was happy with my results, they weren't as good as last time, but it was also summer, when Ace is home all day, so I was able to cook more and work out more. Here's my overall results though, again, not as good as the last time, but still pretty darn good! 


Have you done your own clean eating challenge? What does that mean to you? What were your results like? I would love to hear other people's experiences. 




No comments:

Post a Comment