Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Week 3


What I was super excited about this week, is that the group of women that I did my original clean eating challenge with started another one this past Monday. It falls in perfectly with the one that I was already doing! More motivation and accountability for me. Plus, the girl that runs it always has LOADS of new, clean and delicious recipes to try.

This week, I really tried to focus on adding some good snacks to my day. I felt like I was getting really hungry at meals, and over-eating. Plus, eating smaller meals throughout the day really is so much better for you. I didn't do great everyday, but definitely did better and felt more full. I also somewhat failed at my eliminating caffeine all-together goal. Most days I had decaf coffee, but there were a few times where caffeine was the only thing keeping me going throughout the day. Ugh. I hate that I'm that dependent upon it, but when I'm working on 2-4 hours of sleep, I gotta do something. Oh hey, did I mention how much I hate teeth and teething... ugh. It can seriously suck it.

I am also going to put together a few clean recipes this week, I think they are really yummy and easy to make, and could be helpful to anyone looking to eat a bit cleaner or a bit better. I'm also planning to post some of the smoothie recipes, because that is what I get asked about the most, in non-blog life, when I'm telling people about what clean eating looks like for me. I think people like them because they are easy to make for a quick meal, and really do keep you feeling super full for a long time. Let me know if there are any recipes that you have seen that you would like me to post. I'm happy to share!

I have one more week of my individual challenge, and two weeks left of the challenge I'm doing with my friends, and I'm feeling pretty good. The scale hasn't moved a ton, but I'm feeling so much better and I have so much more energy. I also haven't taken my measurements again after taking them initially, but my clothes are fitting slightly looser and I'm feeling like progress is being made. I'm really looking forward to getting the final numbers at the end of Week 4!

Anyway, here's how I did this week:








Day 15:
Breakfast: Strawberry Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Salad with tomatoes, peppers, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, sunflower seeds with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for the dressing. So. Good.
Dinner: Tofu stir-fry with brown rice
Water Intake: 100 oz


Day 16:
Breakfast: 3 Egg Whites, Tomatoes, Brown rice, Cottage Cheese and a cup of DECAF Coffee (I just like how it warms me up on chilly mornings)
Lunch: Leftover Tofu Stir-fry and Brown Rice
Dinner: Pork Chop, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
Water Intake: 116.9 oz


Day 17:
Breakfast: Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Skipped...it was a super busy day
Snacks: 2 Hard-boiled eggs and some cashews
Dinner: Crispy Dijon Chicken, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Corn and Brown Rice
Water Intake: 113.8 oz


Day 18:
Breakfast: Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftover Brown Rice, Corn and Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Dinner: We ate out with a friend, but I got a steak salad. It was almost entirely clean, except the dressing.
Water Intake: 110.7 oz


Day 19: 
Breakfast: Coffee with Milk. Real Coffee. Not Decaf. Scar wasn't feeling great and was up until midnight, then Rubes got up at 1am (teething) and didn't go back to sleep until 5am. Then Scar was up for the day at 6:30am.  I'll consider it a win that I didn't start a coffee IV drip.
Lunch: Nitrate-free turkey sandwich on sprouted whole wheat bread and a salad with garbanzo beans, tomatoes, feta cheese, sunflower seeds with balsamic vinegar and oil.
Snack: A Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. Ace brought it home because I had such a rough night.
Dinner: Turkey sausage, Roasted Cauliflower and Roasted Sweet potatoes
Water Intake: 80 oz (meh)


Day 20:
Breakfast: Decaf Coffee with Cream (Should have put more together for myself)
Lunch: Nitrate-free turkey sandwich on sprouted whole wheat bread, sliced tomatoes and brown rice
Snack: 2 Hard boiled eggs and 3/4 of a Lindt Candy Bar (oops!)
Dinner: Quinoa Enchilada Bake, Turkey Fajita Soft Tacos on Corn Tortillas, and some sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes
Water Intake: 100 oz
(Plus you get a terrible, red-faced and sweaty picture of me and Ace on a run-walk with the girls)


Day 21:
Breakfast: Decaf Coffee with Milk, Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftover quinoa enchilada bake and turkey soft tacos
Snack: 1 Hard-boiled egg and some cherry tomatoes
Dinner: Crispy Dijon Chickn and Greek-ish Salad (with feta, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, cucumber, onion, sunflower seeds and Greek Dressing)
Water Intake: 110.7 oz

Here's looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment