Sunday, August 17, 2014

Recommittment

Alright. I admit it. I suck. The last time I posted something in my blog was MONTHS ago. Here I am trying to commit to making huge changes in my life, and my accountability piece of posting here has just gone to crap. The good news is that I have been making positive changes in my life, like a lot of them! The bad news is that I haven't been sharing them. So this is my pledge to recommit to this blog, and begin sharing my journey with more regularity.

Now in keeping up with my recommitment, let me talk about what has been happening in my life since the last post. I'll do a quick bulleted update:

  • We bought a new house and moved in! We are still trying to get settled, finish painting a few things, hang up our decor, etc. but it's starting to feel like our place, finally. 
  • I have continued my quest to get healthier, and Ace and I have committed to eating more cleanly. We did a 30 day clean eating challenge, and honestly, it wasn't that hard and we felt GREAT afterwards. We are trying to commit to eating this way all the time. That isn't to say that we don't indulge sometimes, because we do, but our focus is making the healthiest choices we can, when we can. I am not exercising as much as I should, but my eating is much better. I have lost almost 25 pounds since I started getting healthy in February! Woo hoo! 
  • We flew with both girls to Washington to visit my brother and his family. They both did great on the plane, and it was so great to hang out with our family there. Ace ran a Tough Mudder race, and I think he's addicted, because he and my brother have already signed up to run another one. 
  • I also had an epiphany about myself, well my style, really. We got family pictures taken, and I put on a pretty dress, and did my hair and make-up, and felt really good about myself. Ace complimented me a few times that day, and in the evening we had a good conversation and he said, without directly saying, that he felt like I was giving up on myself and giving too much time to him and the girls. I realized that when we go out, I put so much effort into getting the girls ready, that I usually run around in workout gear with my hair in a messy bun. Not that cute. Since then, I have been working on buying myself a few new clothing items here and there, and I cut my hair so that I have to do it more often. Even if it is just putting on a blouse and some jeans, that's a HUGE leap from where I was before. Add un-frumping my life to the list of things I want to fix about myself. 
  • Oh! And I have done a LOT of my goals from my 101 List. You can check HERE for the most updated version of my list, to see what I've still got left to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment